Monday, February 9, 2009

Week 3: Thing SIX

For this post, I chose to use a mashup of Flickr to create a satirical motivational poster. The application is called "Motivator" can be found on the webpage of Big Huge Labs. This particular application is very easy to use as it requires nothing more than selecting a photo to upload and filling in a few text prompts. The only real drawback, in my opinion, is that the site does not allow you to preview the poster before it is finalized.


Lawnmower FAIL
I really like the idea of being able to create your own motivational posters. This stems from the fact that I been surrounded by altogether too many tired, generic, serious motivational posters. The Motivator application is a very user-friendly outlet for anyone who, like me, is intrigued by the opportunity of giving the standard motivational poster a bit of a sarcastic twist.

1 comment:

  1. Got to LOVE Big Huge Labs......too many fun tools. I really like that you are looking at it to personalize things. There are also many uses that students can put this to in your class. I had students use the trading cards to do quick book reviews that could be printed and put in the books as bookmarks and a way of letting kids know that someone liked the book enough to do a review. very visual and fun for everyone.

    ReplyDelete