Monday, February 9, 2009

Week 3: Thing FIVE

After exploring the Flickr site over the course of a few days, I finally decided that I would jump in with both feet and establish a Flickr account. Moreover, I then linked my Flickr account to my blog.

First and foremost, I was very impressed with the simplicity in signing up for a Flickr account, and even more impressed at how straightforward it was to link my Flickr picture to my blog. The only real problem I ran into was that I had to keep my blog posting very abbreviated while it was in Flickr in order for it to successfully post. I skirted around this issue by only typing in a few words on Flickr, and then finishing the text portion of th post in Blogger.

Whilst navigating about Flickr, I selected a picture to post and then edited it using Picnik. There were a ton of editing features in Picnik with wide range of applications -- the problem is, in order to use the majority of them, you have to upgrade from the "free" account to the "$24.95-per-year" account. As you can see, I kept the tune-ups to my picture rather simple by adding a small bit of text and some slightly rounded corners.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Scott

    One of the things that I think is really powerful about many of the Web 2 tools is that they are very intuitive and easy to use. They have to be. There is a lot of competition out there and if you tool isn't easy, people will go elsewhere. Also, tools are changing so fast that no one can spend a lot of time to learn a tool.

    Ann

    ReplyDelete